It took me a long time to get on the meal prepping/planning train but now that I am on it, I love it! I tried several times to get on board and lots of times just ended up not eating anything healthy.
If you know anything about me, you know that I love organization. I love a clean work place. I love a clean living space. I also love to be able to just to grab my food and go! Here are some of the things that help me with meal prepping/planning:
- Take time to set down and come up with a meal. This actually may be the hardest part but really it’s simple if you think about it. Think about what you like and go with that. Chicken is my meat of choice so I normally try to include that. I also love love love the chicken patties that I make.
- Containers. Invest in some containers that you can just grab and go. This makes it so much easier and keeps me motivated to keep doing the meal preps.
- Choose some healthy snacks and pre-bag ‘em on up!
- Do your own thing. I love to get ideas from others who meal prep but in the end be yourself and do it your own way.
- Organize the meals in the fridge. Okay this might be taking it a little too far but it actually helps me to know that I have a; snack shelf, lunch shelf, dinner shelf….etc.
Update on Life:
Let’s just say that I have done some baking…
One of the things that I have really struggled with lately is my body experiencing changes. I think I may have eluded to this before but getting older really does affect your body and frankly sometimes just really sucks. When I started my weight loss journey, I was barely in my 20’s and now I am about to get out of my 30’s! I used to just pop up out of bed and get a workout in and even hit the gym when I got off work. Holy hormones is another story. Some days I feel so fatigued that the thought of working out just makes me want to cry. There are also days that I could make every single meal I eat out of sugar.
Some of the symptoms that I have started to have in the last few months have started to concern me.
- Out of control cravings
- not sleeping well
- not sleeping through the night
- extreme exhaustion
- high anxiety
I am also apparently allergic to something….. I have continued to have some sort of reaction to….um…..something. The last couple of reactions have been a little serious. My entire body whelps up and my throat tightens and my eyes swell.
I am having some blood work this coming week to get things checked out. Allergies, sugar, hormones. Ugh.
Still growing my hair out!
His favorite spot…
Went to the Little Rock Farmers Market and it was amazing! Something I will be doing more often!
Just finished a sweaty workout and now I am off to get ready for work!
I hope you have an amazing day!!