Morning! I hope that you have had a great week! Today marks the beginning of a long weekend! Well, after the work day anyway. I don’t have to be back at work until Tuesday of next week!
Yesterday was filled with last-minute details getting ready for my long weekend trip. AC is still not fixed so the drive to see my parents this weekend will be without it, but hopefully the ride home will be a little bit different.
The only thing that concerns me is the rain that we are getting. Arkansas is under a tropical depression and it’s been raining since early yesterday where I live. No big deal right? We need the rain. What happens when you get into your car and it’s raining outside?? Does your windows fog up?? Well, mine do. Hopefully I will be able to see on my drive!
I have tried to finish up some things so that there is nothing spoiled to come home to. There is no milk in the house, no bread, no greens, no leftovers. I think that’s about it.
Here are some of the things that I am excited about doing this weekend:
- Resting. I am so excited about just chilling out. Even if it rains until Saturday (which is what I think is going to happen). That gives me an excuse to lay up and read for the day.
- Which brings me to my next one. Reading. I received my new book in and started it last night. Delirium by Lauren Oliver.
- Spending time with my parents. I really love doing this….I love that I can actually talk to my parents and have really great conversations. We can also cut up and laugh so hard we cry!
- Getting away for a bit. Do you ever just want to get away? I mean, not run away from things. I don’t have anything in particular that is on my mind, but getting away and not having to worry about work or anything like that.
- Spending my mornings with my dad. We both like to get up early so we just drink our coffee together.
- Getting to go to my favorite store! Yoders! It’s a great little store that has organic and health foods! I can’t wait!!
I also wanted to share with you guys things that I am loving right now!
- my yogurt bowls. I think that I have had this for lunch all week! Wait, I have!! 1 container of vanilla greek yogurt, granola, half of a red delicious apple (cut up/with skin), and some chocolate dreams nut butter drizzled on top.
- I found this super cool blog called How Sweet It Is. She has tons of recipes and they all look so yummy!
- Jericho. I found the series on Netflix.
- Running. I have really enjoyed running lately. I mean I now think about pace, negative splits, PR’s, stride, training plans…….all that runner geek stuff.
I just wanted to say thank you guys for being who you are. The bloggers that I follow, the people who post comments, the people who don’t. Starting this blog and being apart of awesome ladies at Fit Approach is a big deal for me. Thank you for your support, your kind words, your encouragement, and thank you for being you. Thank you!!
I still have to do a couple of things before I leave for my road trip, but I am hoping that this day just flies by! I still have to get gas, change out my low beam light (this I have to do today), pack up my car!
I hope you have a great day! And that you don’t forget to love yourself today!