Hello my friends! It’s Thursday!! This week started out kind of slow for me, but has quickly become a fast one. As I started my day today, I feel exceptionally thankful this morning. I am thankful all of the time, but I am not sure (I know) that I tell God or the people that I love and care about that I am thankful for them. And let’s be frank here, don’t you love to be told you are appreciated?? I can’t get over how much my life has changed in the last couple of months. Just simple acts make me smile even more lately. The possibilities are endless when it comes to enjoying this life! I know I shouldn’t be surprised at how just making small changes in ones life can have such a huge impact.
I’ve got two workouts planned today…..I know, a bit ambitious, but I am going to do it!
Crossfit Countdown Home WOD: Workout can be found at Blonde Ponytail
Ahh, why must burpees be in every WOD??? Can someone right a letter to the person that came up with this little move??
Basically you just follow the numbers. Your first round will include 10 reps of each move and then the next set will include 9 and so on until you reach the glorious number one!
My plan is to do a two mile run when I get home from work today. Although, it might turn into three.
Oatmeal with some almond butter
Made to Crave:
I am continuing this series on cravings and I am thoroughly enjoying it! One of my favorite quotes from book has to be, “everything is permissible, but not beneficial.” You can use this with any aspect of your life and especially if you are struggling with a particular thing.
Here are a couple of things that have stuck out to me this week:
- Limitless indulgence with food always has consequences
- After all, remember the ultimate goal of this journey isn’t about making me a smaller sized person but rather making me crave Jesus and His truths as the ultimate filler of my heart. (pg125)
- Incomplete people are difficult, demanding, and always in pursuit of the next thing that will surely fill them. (pg 123) Ugh, that one was tough to read.
- Tying my happy to the wrong things is partially what caused my weight gain in the first place. (pg 121)
- Tying my happy to food, skinny jeans, or anything else sets me up for failure. (pg 121)
- Taking off my mask before the Lord and asking Him to help me find fulfillment in my relationship with Him. (pg 112)
My relationship with food has always felt a bit jacked up to me. But it really isn’t the food that is the issue. It’s my heart. Because over indulging in certain types of food (for me) can be detrimental to my health, my energy levels throughout the day and even a calling that God has placed on my heart. If I don’t have enough energy to go on a mission trip, how effective can I be?
I love this journey that I am on. Yes, even the bad things that I have experienced. For without those, how can I appreciate the good in my life. And I have lots of good in it…
Meeting Kevin is one of those good things by the way. He has made my life so different the last couple of months Everything is so new!
Minus the sandwich…. I forgot to take a picture of my soup, but it was the same soup in the picture..
I am going to enjoy half of an apple when I come back from lunch…..
I hope you guys have a great day!! I will see ya later!