Morning my friends! It’s Monday!! And it’s a National Holiday! Sleeping in was on my to-do list today and it was right there at the top. So I slept in, but I didn’t sleep all that well. About 2:00 a.m. I heard this noise in the house and when I opened the door my cat Ghost came running in. Now this wouldn’t really wake me up, but I think that I had a bit too much coffee yesterday so I was wide awake. I watched some tv, but then an hour later I was still awake and tried to go back to sleep. I eventually did, but don’t feel rested at all.
Ahh, sleep…..where have you gone?? I miss you. We were so close not too long ago. What happened to our relationship??
I’m off today, but I have lots that I want to do. I need to run some errands, and pick up some things at the grocery store. It’s supposed to rain though and it’s supposed to be really windy.
Yesterday was just the best day! Got up and went to church and then once I got home I wanted to try this new workout that I found. I have been thinking that I want to incorporate some weights and I found the perfect workout to do that! The heaviest dumbbell that I have is a 8 pounds, so that is the one that I used…
Perform 3 sets of each circuit with a 1-minute rest between each:
15 squats with weight DB
30 reverse lunges with DB’s, alternate
30 side lunges with DB’s, 15 each leg, do not alternate
60 jumping jacks
20 tricep dips
15 bicep curls with DB’s
15 bent over row’s with DB’s
15 shoulder press with DB’s
20 renegade row’s
plank: one minute
Oh my goodness this was a tough workout! I was dripping sweat when I was all finished! I found it at She Rocks Fitness
Once I finished my workout, I really wanted to get some rest in, but alas I did not. I tried to go to sleep, but it just didn’t come. So what did I do? I went thru some boxes of stuff and ended up throwing away lots of stuff that I didn’t need! Mostly paper that I am not really sure why I even kept. It felt really good to get rid of this stuff!
I also found this book that I have been searching and searching for! It’s a book that my brother and I had growing up and I just really loved it…
My plan today is to pick up some totes so that I can organize things a bit better that I have in storage.
Made to Crave:
I wanted to share some more things that I have learned in this process of giving my relationship with food to Christ. It’s still a process and my days are made up of small decisions throughout the day, but I have really enjoyed this process so much and can’t believe the difference it’s made in my life and in other areas of my life as well.
- I’m not on a diet, I am on a journey with Jesus to learn the fine are of self-discipline for the purpose of holiness. (pg 158)
- Deciding ahead of time what I will and will not eat is a crucial part of this journey. (pg 158)
- Now, hear me on this. We aren’t to flee food. We need food. But we are to flee the control food can have our lives. (pg 159)
- Please hear me out on this. I am not writing this book to set forth legalistic rules about eating. I am writing this book as an invitation to consider the freedom found when we bring one our most basic needs—food—before the Lord and allow Him to guide and guard us in this area. (pg 161)
- We do need a healthy eating plan, which some will refer to as a diet. But we must have a depth of restraint that can only come from making this a spiritual growth journey. (pg 161)
I also wanted to share this quote from Dr. Floyd Chilton.
Your willpower is in constant battle with your genes and your calorie excessive environment. Often your best efforts are no match for your genes and environment which is why so many diets fail so miserably…..Willpower alone is not enough to bring about this change; start by realizing that you cannot do this alone. If you are a person of faith, use that connection to help you change.
My sweet man sent me some pictures last night while he was out getting some fresh air…
There is also signs of Spring!!
I hope you guys enjoy your day!!