Happy Monday! As I set here typing this up, drinking my coffee, I feel so blessed to be alive. My body feels its age this morning, but it’s going to be an amazing day.
I wanted to share a recipe with you this morning!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins: (Quick Bread)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- pinch of salt, optional and to taste
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (other milks may be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons of mild or medium molasses
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wisk all dry ingredients and set aside
- Mix sugars, pumpkin, coconut oil, almond milk, molasses and vanilla with a wisk
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- add semi-sweet chocolate chips
You can make muffins out by dividing the batter equally in a prepared pan, but I made it into a quick bread and it turned out just as great!
The first time that I made this it did not turn out. Not due to this amazing recipe from Averie Cooks, but because I was running behind and if I had actually waited, I would have been late for work! This time? It turned out great! This is a really rich recipe and I love the molasses and pumpkin combined together.
Give it a try and let me know what you think! And, head on over to Averie Cooks for some more amazing recipes!
This week I am not sure what I am going to do. This morning I am actually just going to walk…I am still feeling a bit under the weather. Better yet, I might even just rest today. Other than working Saturday, I stayed in this past weekend and just did some major laying up.
I hope that you have an amazing Monday!