Morning my friends I hope you are having an amazing week so far! Sorry I have been MIA lately, but without my posts looking like Ground Hog Day, I opted to not post. In the last two days I have started and stopped what feels like to be 50 times!
This summer in Arkansas has been pretty amazing… Usually this time of the year we are seeing triple digits and very high humidity. The humidity is still here, but the temps have actually been mild to me. We do have over a month to go so I am sure it’s still going to be hot. I have enjoyed being able to get outside and it not be so unbearable. I enjoying going outside on my lunch breaks so I hope these mild temperatures don’t change.
I get off at noon today and I am pretty excited about it. Eeek!
I was in Wal-mart the other day with my mom and we went down one of the isle that has some candles. Guess what?? They have fall candles out now! This totally made me smile. Fall is probably my favorite time of the year and I can’t wait to dig my sweaters and scarves out!
My workouts are still going strong and I feel great. I typically just run 2-3 days a week and my rest days usually fall on Sunday, which I like. It’s funny, when I first started running and couldn’t run a long distance it used to frustrate me so much. Now? I just enjoy the act of running even if I don’t run a long distance. I just run. I actually run for time and not for distance and it’s renewed a joy for running.
Tips for Running:
- Get the right shoes. When I first started running, I just thought that you could get any shoe and run. This is not true. Getting sized was the best thing that I could have done. Find a good running store and they will do it for free! Oh lord I can remember getting blisters that were just horrible when I first started running! Agh!
- Walk/Run. Don’t feel any shame if you use this method. I do on occasion. I think it’s all about listening to your body and building up endurance.
- Water is your friend. Be sure and be properly hydrated when it comes to your runs.
- Strength training can be your friend too. I can tell a huge difference in my endurance by getting in some strength training.
- Food. When it comes to food and running, I used to think that you could just eat what you wanted and get a run in. Wrong. If I eat junk, my run is junk and I feel horrible. Fueling my body correctly and then running is an amazing feeling. Running will also make you want to eat like a cow too, so fuel the body with good foods.
- Don’t compare yourself. One of the beauties of running is that you will run like no one else. Your pace won’t be like everyone else’s and your body will react differently too. Oh how this worked against me when I started running. Just enjoy the act of your body running and think about that.
These aren’t the best, but they work for me. Listen to your body and no what it can and can’t take.
I enjoy baking so so much but I have limited my baking as of late due to the fact that the ingredients are kind of expensive.
Is anyone else watching the show Under the Dome??
That’s it guys! Hope you have a great day!