Morning! How are you this morning? It’s Friday!!
Today is a vacation for me so right now I am just enjoying the morning and drinking on a glorious cup of coffee. You know, I love coffee and lets be frank, I could drink it any time. But there is something about that first cup in the morning.
My plan was to leave out this morning to go see my parents, but we’ve had one of our cats get really sick. The vets words, “I am not sure I can save him”…. So Smokey (the cat), has been at the vets office for two days now and I am not sure if I will even be able to pick him up even today. The plan now? I am going to try and leave really early in the morning, but I am just playing it by ear.
I am going to head out in a bit to go clean my friends house, who is now on maternity leave! Bless her heart, I know she can’t wait to have her little man. That should only take me a couple of hours and then I am going to swing by another friends yard sale to visit with her.
I love friends.
This leads me to what I want to talk about today!
Things I am loving:
- Wax for braces. Oh my goodness! I really don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have this stuff! Sometimes I don’t need it, but then there will be a slight move and a new bracket or wire will stick out….
- Connecting. Here’s the thing. I am a creature of habit. I love it actually. I mean I really love having my day planned out…….even my bathroom breaks. Lol! So, connecting with people and meeting new ones is pretty great. It’s also great connecting with old friends that you haven’t talked to in a while. We need each other. We really do. It’s not healthy to go inward and not let others in. So, even with the trust issues that I would probably say that I have, it’s nice to be around people and it’s nice to be letting them in.
- Growth. It really is a beautiful thing.
- Thinking about things that are lovely. The first step to getting negative thoughts out of the head is to think about things…..well…..that are not negative. Thinking about things that are good drives those negative thoughts out of there!
- Being outside. For a very long time I didn’t want to get out and do anything. Mainly because I was so overweight, but I really do love being outside and have for the past few years. Any chance I get, I want to be out there. Walking, running, chilling out in the woods. I just want to be outside!
- Flip-flops. I have waited all winter to wear you! I’ve missed you!
- Toes! I am going to get my toes done later today!
- Ladies bible study. For the last couple of months we have met at our pastors house to just talk about what God is doing in our lives. Last night we met and I just had the best time. The first one that we met at I was a hot mess. Things had just ended with Kevin and I was just all over the place. Now? I’m not a hot mess anymore! I am thankful. Thankful that God loves us enough to remove things in our lives that are just not good. Reading His word and being around other ladies that are also reading His word is very encouraging.
Well, I have a busy day ahead of me! So I have to get to it!
Have a great day!!!