I just love Fall. Really I do. :) It’s one of my favorite times of the year. Other than Christmas that is..;) Even though it isn’t technically Fall yet, I wanted to tell you some of my favorite things about it….
- The leaves turning. One of the prettiest things to see in Arkansas is when the leaves turn. I hope the brutal summer that we had isn’t going to eliminate that.
- The smells. Is it just me or do things smell better in the Fall??
- Baking! Oh yeah baby! I love this time of year because the baking itch starts to flare up. I love doing this!! I wish that I could just come up with my own tweaked recipes, but I love just searching out some great recipes and having a blast in the kitchen. Something about baking kind of chills me out too.
- Long sleeves. I don’t know about you, but I am ready to dig out my long sleeve shirts!
- Candles. If you know me at all, you know that I love to burn a candle or two. Aaaand, I love fall scented candles. I think that my favorite would have to be pumpkin spice.
- Soups/stews/chili’s. Ahhh yes, the time of year when you cook in bulk….when it comes to soups. 🙂
- Fellowship. It’s also my favorite time of year when all of the gatherings start to pick up. Just another reason to bake something.
- Cooler temps to run in! This, I think, will be my favorite thing this year!
My mom and I took a little outing today:
We went to one of my favorite stores here!! Yoders. It’s got all kinds of great things in it. Mostly organic. Mostly healthy.
They had things like this throughout the entire store!
It took all that I had to not buy this! 🙂
Here are a couple of the Bed and Breakfast places right in the middle of town…
Well that’s all folks!! Have a great rest of the afternoon and holiday! Gonna chill out and then probably take a nap.
What about you? What are some of your most favorite things about Fall??